Friday, March 29, 2013

Storytelling

We visited Jonesborough in the year 1857 by way of a monologue in the Storytelling Hall last evening.




Historic Jonesborough is about seven miles from my home. It is the oldest town in Tennessee and home to the Mary B. Martin Storytelling Hall. The International Storytelling Festival is held each year in October.



We still have snow on the surrounding mountains, so spring seems far away. I still wear layers to keep warm, so tonight, I wore a red long sleeve tee from Talbots under a red Geiger jacket with gray tweed pants from Ross. 

 

The boots are by Nine West via Belk. The necklace is from Chico's. The sterling silver ring and the black faux leather clutch are from T.J. Maxx. The earrings were purchased at a boutique during our travels. Even if the items I am wearing are a couple of years old, I share the source with you to get ideas for your next shopping trip



7 comments:

Cathy said...

Beautiful outfit and you look MAH-velous!

If you are so inclined.....I have to go to a Bat Mitzvah in Sept in Arizona and I am already worrying about an outfit! My sister in law & friends are in the crowd of buying expensive, too short (& tight for their age group. When my brother in law turned 50 we weren't allowed to tell anyone out there - not that we know anyone - b/c they aren't telling friends they are in their 50's! Can you imagine? Not my style...), no sleeves clothing. Not me. I need an outfit for Saturday and for nighttime. More worried about the nighttime. Any thoughts? I love your taste and ideas so I hope you don't mind my asking!

Laura said...

Red is a great color on you. You look so elegant!

Donna said...

You wear red very well! It appears to be a blue-toned red which is better for us silver/grey/blonde ladies. you are such an inspiration and I know that when I change out the winter clothes for spring and summer things, a lot of things will go to charity.

My great-nephew is in seminary in Johnson City and his two young children would probably like the storytelling center. You and Mr. Mickey go to such interesting places!

josep-maria badia said...

A lovely outfit, a super stylish look. The combination of red and gray is beautiful. Red is a perfect color for you.

Jill said...

Oh Susan, red is your color! My God, it's been awhile since I've seen someone look so vibrant, so utterly right in red! It's you! You look so chic and elegant. Have a great weekend. XO, Jill

Catherine said...

Happy Easter. I am enjoying two decadent squares of the most delicious chocolate on the planet as I read your blog.( Pralus 100% has no sugar or sweetener and it is divine!)
What a lovely red sweater and jacket....so flattering and classic!

Sheryl said...

Susan, your lipstick shade is so pretty, and is the perfect color for the outfit you are wearing. I have a hard time choosing a shade of blue-red that doesn't look too bold or harsh with my lighter skin tone. Suggestions would be appreciated.