Friday, June 28, 2013

Fleetwood Mac!

On Monday evening, Mr. Mickey and I went with our closest friends to the Fleetwood Mac concert at the Time Warner Cable Arena in Charlotte, North Carolina.



We arrived a few hours early so that Mitzi and I could go shopping and have dinner before the concert. Since the arena is located in the financial district, the shopping choices were dismal, so we opted for a long walk and sightseeing instead. 


Charlotte has undergone a tremendous revitalization since my last visit. It is a beautiful, clean and safer city.





There were sculptures, waterfalls, fountains, art installations, green spaces, parks, and flowers in all the numerous plazas and on every street in the area we walked in. 





A storm was starting to blow in as we walked to dinner later in the evening before the concert.



The flowers in this plaza were amazing!


Did I mention it was windy?



This was one of our favorite bronzes.


Safe in our seats at last!


It was Mick Fleetwood's birthday!

Stevie Nicks at 65 still looks wonderful. Her haunting voice is so unique. Lindsey Buckingham sang, played an amazing solo or two, danced, and never left the stage for the whole concert, which lasted for almost three hours. He has incredible energy! John McVie was his usual subdued, extremely talented self.


The sets and additional screens that dropped down at times were fabulous. It was so amazing to watch Lindsey Buckingham's fingers playing that guitar.


The next day there was time for another quick walk around the area before breakfast.


7 comments:

Laura said...

I adore Charlotte! Both of my children and my sister live there so we visit often. All of your pictures were so familiar. And I adore Fleetwood Mac! Glad you had fun.

Donna said...

What a fun evening spent with good friends! You look lovely, as always. Love that turquoise color on you.

meriusa said...

Thank you for describing us your visit in Charlotte. That is why I never miss posts of you,there is much culture in them ,in a noble ,interesting art of living!
Especially thank you for taking pictures of sculpture !It is very exciting to me .Your clothing is always classy .

Eugenia Maru http://lulurulitos.blogspot.com said...

Lindas fotos y muy guapos todos.
Saludos

http://atrapadaenmisletras.blogspot.com
http://lulurulitos.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

What a great concert to see. Wonderful pics.

Irene Helms Designs said...

Sounds like a great concert Susan. So glad you were able to visit Charlotte. I grew up in Charlotte and now live in nearby York County, SC just across the state line - about 20 minutes from Charlotte. You are so right ... it has evolved into a more thriving city than it once was. Thanks for sharing your visit!
Irene

Unknown said...

Love the outfits you wore. And I love, love, love Stevie Nicks! So beautiful and a style ICON....not to mention the voice. Glad you got to see them.
p.s. Thumbing through my Redbook I came across your photo and excitedly pointed you out to my husband and said I read your blog, I greatly admire your style, and that you've become a big influence in my own style.