Saturday, October 17, 2015

A Speaking Engagement

The talk at the Johnson City Seniors' Center went really well on Thursday evening. Mr. Mickey graciously agreed to video the event for all of you who couldn't be there.

We learned that my camera is not up to the task. Even though I had used the largest data card available, it wasn't enough to record all of the talk. What we did capture is included in the two YouTube videos linked below.


I wanted to show respect to the people who came out to hear me speak, so I dressed up a bit. I wore black dress slacks from Saks Off 5th with a black tank from Chico's and a slightly fitted jacket by Tahari via Dillard's. The shoes are by Louise et Cie via Nordstrom. The silver necklace is from Cali and York.

During my talk, I featured the perfect long sleeve top, which is from Covered Perfectly. You can shop for it here.


This first video includes Part One of the talk.



Almost all of Part Two of the talk is in the second video below.



It was such a great pleasure to meet so many Fifty, not Frumpy followers and several women who did not yet know about the blog. Many of them stayed afterward to ask more questions and take notes.

15 comments:

emmapeelDallas said...

Terrific!

Andrea said...

Great talk, Susan!


Thanks for sharing!

belinda said...

Wonderful videos, Susan! Even I was motivated to clean out my closet -- and I LOVE to declutter and have a capsule wardrobe/capsule home! However, I have read Eat to Live and disagree about avoiding fat*. More research is showing that fat doesn't drive up cholesterol -- sugar is repsponsible for inflammation.

*The fats we eat should be monounsaturated fats from plants.

Brava for sharing your life!

Mlou said...

Susan, I enjoyed your videos. It was almost like being there with you, Mr. Mickey and the other ladies. Thank you, Mary Lou

Susan said...

You are correct Belinda. The fat I am concerned about comes from cheeseburgers and pizza, not avocados and olives.

Unknown said...

Wonderful video! As always, lots of good information. You are very motivating! Thanks, again for all you do!

Laura B. said...

I follow your blog and have gained so much useful information about nutrition, style and makeup. Your transformation is truly inspirational. Thanks so much for posting the videos. You have such a friendly, warm personality which shines and a very professional speaking voice and presentation. Very well done!

Laura B. said...

Susan, I have followed your blog for some time and have found it to be very informative and enjoyable. Your transformation is truly inspiring. Thanks so much for posting the videos. Your friendly, warm personality shines through the presentation and you have a very professional speaking voice.

Laura said...

These videos are great. Thank you for posting them.

Julie Cefalu said...

Hi Susan, I just found your blog through Pinterest. I love your style! I appreciate that you put your age, height and weight in the sidebar. It helps me compare what something would look like on me. I'm the same height as you and my goal weight is 145 - you make it look fabulous. I have 15 pounds to lose. It's a slow process for me but your talk was very inspiring!

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

Hi Susan, I loved your presentation and hearing your voice. Great job!

Joyce said...

Thank you Susan! Informative and enjoyable videos.

Shelia said...

Dear Susan,

Thank you so much for sharing your life and lifestyle! I enjoy your blog and your Facebook page very much.

I have a hint for the lady who couldn't get the crayon type eyeliner to "stick" on her eyelids--hold the tip over a lighter and barely warm it. Let it cool slightly and it'll glide on smoothly.

How funny that you mentioned the waterline showing after a certain age! I noticed the same thing a few years ago! I looked in the mirror one morning and thought "I woke up with old lady eyes!!"

Thanks again for your advice on navigating the mid-life years... you're stylish, modest, honest, pretty and sweet!!

Shelia


Unknown said...

Susan thanks for sharing the video with us. Would you share your lip liner and lipstick colors? Your lip color is always so natural. I would love for you to do a new makeup blog.

Susan said...

I am working on a makeup video with a professional makeup artist now. Look for it to be published soon! I wear pink, red or coral tones of lip liner and lipstick depending upon the color of the clothing near my face. My goal is to blend the lip color with that garment.