Saturday, November 28, 2015

White Jacket on Black Friday

Do you go shopping on Black Friday? Wild horses could not drag me to a store on this day! I am not a fan of crowds or shopping, so I stayed home, cleaned my house, and went for a walk because it was a warm sunny day in east Tennessee.



I did ride along with Mr. Mickey at the end of the day as he ran a few errands, such as going by the Mercedes dealership.




After completing my chores, I slipped into an average daily look for me. That is an old jacket from Express, the V-neck tee is from T.J. Maxx last year, worn with old boyfriend jeans from Chico's. The fringe suede shoes are by Steve Madden via Macy's. The bag is by Zac Posen via Saks Off 5th.



I do wear white pants, jackets, and blouses all year long on sunny days. That old no white after Labor Day rule has been laid to rest.


My hair looks a lot more controlled here because I used a new product by Moroccanoil. It smooths and conditions as it defines your curls. I haven't gotten used to using it yet. I forgot to fluff my hair after it dried, so this look is too controlled for me. I do like a bit more of a messy look. I will get the hang of it.

I will share my top ones with those who have asked me for tips on posing for photos. I don't always have these in my mind while we are shooting, but they make me look my best when I follow them.

1. Stand up straight and tall.
2. Don't shoot in the full sun. Move both the photographer and you to a shady spot. To avoid the fisheye effect, have the photographer stand a few feet away from you. Mr. Mickey was almost too close in the first photos, making my legs look shorter.
3. Turn your body away from the camera while you turn your face toward the camera and place your feet at different angles.
4. Lift your chin and smile an easy small relaxed smile. A big fake smile always looks like a big fake smile.
5. Look into the lens or slightly away from the camera.
6. Relax your hands and tilt your shoulders back slightly.
7. Practice looking confident and comfortable in front of the camera. It will always show in your pictures. Confidence is the greatest accessory!

5 comments:

josep-maria badia said...

I love this look so casual, but so nice.

nanniepat said...

I love the look and really appreciate the picture advice. I will try those. Women usually don't like to have their picture taken lol

Jan Maier said...

Yesterday I went to spinning class, cleaned the house and did some shopping online! Moroccan Oil Products are top notch.

Judy said...

I;ve been wearing my white jackets year round for years so I see I'm in good company with you Susan! Haven't worn white pants and/or jeans yet after Labor Day, but I plan to. I love how you said: no white after Labor Day has been put to rest! I'm going to adopt that as my mantra!

Unknown said...

Susan, i am not a fan od the boyfriend jeans. I agree with you about the hair. I have naturally curly hair and if I use too much prduct it looks like a helmet or so my husband and daughter say! Thanks for your blog. i really enjoy it.