Saturday, March 26, 2016

Special Occasions

What do you wear to a wedding, cocktail party, or gallery opening?



My all-time favorite pieces for evening or special occasion, come from a few select lines, all of which are available from ShopMyFairLady.



This fabulous silver and white IC Collection jacket and black Mesmerize ankle pants work together perfectly for almost any special event. The ankle pants I am wearing are from last year, the styles they have now appear to be longer. I am also wearing a black Clara Sunwoo tank under the jacket. All these items are made in the USA and available online at ShopMyFairLady.



IC Collection is famous for its decorative button closures. The fabrics and tailoring details are always elegant and flattering on this almost sixty-year-old body. You can rest assured; I will never show up for a special event in a strappy little cocktail dress. I must dress for my personality as well as the occasion and the weather. I would be too mortified to even walk across the room in a strappy cocktail dress. I much prefer more covered attire for special occasions, well actually any occasion.



My accessories for this evening included a simple matte silver box clutch from T.J.Maxx.

My jewelry included small rhinestone earrings, a chunky bright silver link bracelet, and a fun bling ring from Stein Mart. All jewelry is several years old.

The fringe trim suede sandals are by BCBGeneration via Saks Off 5th.




Mr. Mickey picked me up right on time for our Friday night date. After snapping a few photos for you, we were off to one of our favorite elegant bar areas located within Wellington's restaurant at the Carnegie Hotel here in Johnson City. We love to sit by the fireplace to relax and chat for a while.

We take every opportunity to get dressed up and enjoy an evening together. When the waiter brought our glasses of champagne, he asked what we were celebrating. We answered, "It's Friday!"



12 comments:

Amy Kennedy said...

Wow! You have such elegant taste! Your style is sophisticated, beautiful, and also fun! And there is this way about you that is so friendly, like you could pull up a chair and have a great laugh over sandwiches and coffee! Love your posts and blog!

Unknown said...

Susan, you look fabulous! I LOVE that jacket, it looks so elegant! I live in Grundy, we need to get together someday. I can see a shopping day at TJ MAXX and Stein Mart in our future. Lol!

Kristien62 said...

Just stunning. You have an exquisite sense of style. And I love that you and Mr. M can turn a Friday into an elegant celebration.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

I love that jacket - simple and elegant but not fussy!

An evening out together is always something to celebrate!

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

I have a couple of IC pieces and I really like the brand. Find it at Dillards. I also love these pants...great style and you look stunning as always!!

Unknown said...

You always wear a clutch and I was wondering what you carry in it. My 'kitchen sink" doesn't fit in any of you bags. Please could you do a segment of what to carry in one's bag. Casual and special occasion. At nearly 60, I'm trying to reduce the content, but somehow it doesn't work. - Thanks in advance.

Unknown said...

You look lovely. Very elegant.

Elaine @ Following Augustine said...

I especially like the jacket's slightly Asian look.

emmapeelDallas said...

Wow! You look stunning, Susan! I always enjoy reading your posts! Thank you!

Kathleen said...

Your hands always look so pretty. Do you have a favorite hand lotion that you use?
Love the outfit!

Mariah said...

Susan, I love your style. So elegant and sophisticated, as many have commented. You are so inspiring and I love your posts. I've recently read Joel Fuhrman's book, following your recommendation, along with looking into other similar nutritional ideas. I've also read great things about the "paleo" way of eating, but then sometimes I think I need to just count my calories and get some exercise. I need to lose about 80 pounds, and it's daunting at my post menopausal age! What you have hit upon certainly agrees with you! Anyway, all that to say thank you for your inspiring posts!

Andrea said...

Fabulous look! And, yes, every day is a reason to celebrate!!!