Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Summer Leather

Our evening temperatures still dip into the forties, so dressing for going out at night requires warmer clothes.


We had a lovely dinner with friends on a recent chilly evening.


This fabulous faux leather jacket is by I.C. Collection via my friends at ShopMyFairLady.com.


This is the type of faux leather that you can wear even in summer. It is made using small strips of faux leather meticulously sewn to a mesh under the fabric, as shown in the detailed photo below.


I.C. Collection is known for its artistic button closures and fine details. This jacket did not disappoint!


The asymmetric hem that dips low in the back is so flattering and timeless.


I wore a long-sleeve Covered Perfectly Simple Comfort top with slacks from a couple of years ago under the jacket. 

Fifty not Frumpy followers can get a 20% discount on up to two items for a limited time! Use the discount code FNF20 when you check out at Covered Perfectly. There are many styles to choose from, and the discount will apply on up to two items; after that, you can take advantage of the buy 2 get 1 FREE special. Hurry! Those long sleeve tops are going fast!



The shoes are by French Connection via Saks Off 5th. The clutch is from the boutique, Cloth inside the Grove Park Inn Resort. I always wear Chanel No. 5 in the evenings.



14 comments:

Unknown said...

What a stylish jacket! You look wonderful, Susan! Thank you for this post and all that you contribute. :)

Missy said...

Such a beautiful jacket and you wear it well!! Would you share the size you chose in this item as I see it is listed S-M-L. You have stated that some tops you size down and I wondered if the same can be said of this style of jacket. The look of leather but not the weight is very appealing in the southeast. Thank you for another " evening " post.

Susan said...

Thank you Missy. I am wearing a medium here.

Unknown said...

Love the jacket. Hurry back. We will miss you.

LoriM said...

Love that jacket. They should have YOU model it - their web site only shows the front (I wanted to zoom in, too).

eleni said...

Beautiful jacket, and you suit it very well indeed. A wonderful addition to your already lovely wardrobe. Your Blog is so informative and I do enjoy reading every post.

Hello from Toronto Ontario

becky johns said...

the same jackets are sold for $30 less on Amazon. Search Shop My Fair Lady. I tried to type in your name several places, but alas they gave no discount. Despite this I am excited for the jacket I selected to arrive. Thank you for pointing out a lovely line of asymmetrical and unusual jackets! I love the unusual single button closure.

LoriM said...

@Becky Johns - great tip about Amazon! And look who I saw there, too!

www.amazon.com/IC-Collection-Asymmetrical-Egyptian-Hieroglyphics

Missy said...

@BeckyJohns. Great information regarding Amazon! Only 2 left now. This jacket will have a long and happy life going everywhere with me!

Jennifer said...

This color and top is simply stunning on you Susan!! I love it, you look more gorgeous than ever.

Gail R said...

Susan, I just wanted to let you know what a wonderful impact you've had on my life in just a few months. I found your blog shortly after I started trying to lose weight in January. It might surprise you to know that one little thing you mentioned -- putting cooked veggies on top of a cold salad -- was such a help to me. I love that combination and have had many, many completely satisfying salads as the main meal since then. I've been using the low carb approach and have lost almost thirty pounds since January 8. I was told I'd be officially considered diabetic if my labs in April came back the same as they were in October, and was just told this week by my doctor that I'm now in the normal range, which hasn't been the case in close to ten years! My doc and I are both delighted. I have about 50 pounds more to go, but I've decided to celebrate every 25 pound loss by treating myself to a French Kande necklace. Yes, you, Jennifer and Pam can take credit for my new addiction! My first necklace arrived yesterday. I look forward to following your guidance in my newly-awakened interest in looking my best. Many thanks, Susan!

Susan said...

Gail R, that is wonderful! I am so very happy for you. Rewarding yourself with jewelry is a great idea! Well done. Keep up the good work. You are making me proud!

becky johns said...

A surprise refund appeared from Shop My Fair Lady! Perhaps they read the "note" square in which I typed you had referred me. Gotta give them credit!

becky johns said...

Your pictures of the breakfast you eat, inspired my and I now have a similar meal every morning. I also loved the picture of the fabulous salad/dinner. It has motivated me to really load on the vegetables on top of the salad.I have lost about ten pounds, but I have not gone completely vegetarian, just increased my intake to 3 cups veg and 3 cups fruit per day. It fills me up so I need just a half serving of meat. Thanks for sharing and inspiring us.