Thursday, May 5, 2016

Happy Anniversary!

Three years ago today, a new clothing line was created with the woman over forty in mind. That has happened only a few times in history!

As a reasonably new blogger in 2013.

Covered Perfectly was one of the first companies I worked with during the early days of my blog. Above, I am shown in one of my first posts wearing the red Simple Comfort.


 

I am wearing the Simple V top above.

The cascading vest is a genuinely great accessory since you can wear it as a scarf or in several ways as a flattering third piece. I have layered, wrapped, tied, and belted under and over these vests.


The fun Color Block top is shown below.



Three years later, I am still wearing that red simple comfort top, and it has kept its shape and color beautifully.


I love how the draped front top can be dressed up for a great evening look or worn with a pair of leggings for a classic daytime look. I have also worn this one many times over the past two years.


The Simple V tunic is another great style. I love the fact that the neckline is not too low. 


The layered design is so adorable!


One of my blogging career highlights came when Pauline Durban, the owner and designer of those fabulous Covered Perfectly tops, invited me to come out to Los Angeles to model for her company.


With Pauline Durban and the talented author Mary Ann Simonetti at a photoshoot last year.

Below, I am wearing the Top with Piping.


The white simple comfort top is basic for me. It looks fabulous under all my jackets and vests or worn alone with a cool necklace. Notice that it is not see-through!



The cold shoulder top is a tank top with a sleeve. Just what we need to stay cool but covered at the same time.


Below we are together for another photo shoot. I am wearing the draped front top, and Pauline is wearing the wrap-over style.


Turquoise is one of my all-time favorite colors! Here I am wearing the simple comfort in turquoise.



The new Henley-style has the most flattering neckline! I love to wear this top with jeans.

From the most recent photoshoot.

I was thrilled to be at Pauline's recent sixtieth birthday celebration. She has such a great group of supportive and loving friends. I am truly honored to be among them.

Happy anniversary my dear friend! I wish you many more successful years for you and your company.


Pauline is wearing the black floral cascading vest over the white simple V. I am wearing the drape front top in black.

3 comments:

Jan Maier said...

Of the MANY great ideas from you, learning about Covered Perfectly may be the best. I have versions of the black and white shirts and others and I've recommended them to several friends. Thanks so much. If I ever get to Cali again, I'd love to meet the owner.

Unknown said...

Thank you so much Susan. You have become such important part of my life. Can't wait to see you in June. Pauline, Covered Perfectly xoxo

RoseAG said...

You gave us a pretty good timeline of your hair grow-out as well.