Monday, July 25, 2016

Casual Day

What do you wear when you are just relaxing at home with your family?


On Sunday, I wore an old Breton striped tee from Chico's with white jeans by NYDJ, which I found at T.J.Maxx last winter. I have the most successful shopping at T.J.Maxx when I go in at the very beginning of the season as they are just getting in new inventory. I look for everyday basics when I shop there.



The sandals are by Vince Camuto from last year. I am holding my favorite LancĂ´me 'Shine Lover' Vibrant Shine Lipstick in color Unconventional. We were on our way over to visit with my parents, so I didn't need a handbag, and I am wearing very minimal makeup.




This is a typical look for me when I am relaxing at home during the summer. It is an easy casual look that I can run errands in too.

I would wear this top and pants with a jean jacket and flat nude or silver shoes for another casual look in cooler weather. If I wanted to dress it up a bit, I could wear it with a navy blazer and khaki pants. Having a core wardrobe of flattering basics means you can layer and wear the pieces in a year-round rotation appropriate for the weather or the occasion.

11 comments:

Mom said...

Such a cute outfit. I love the shorter tops on you....so much younger looking than the long tops and you look so skinny! Love those basic pieces and suggestions.

Prairie Poulet said...

I never find clothes at that type of store. If the sizing isn't off, the colors don't suit my Celtic complexion. Quality also seems to be lacking in much of what they offer. I do find sale items at a few stores where I shop regularly, which carry clothing in my size and colors.

Missy said...

Like this top and didn't know Chico's carried this style. It is nice to see a different silouhette for our casual days. It is so flattering on you and looks cool in this hoot summer. Good tip about TJ Max too, Great blog today.

Anonymous said...

Cute outfit. I am retired so my daily dress is a casual style. I love TJ MAX especially their handbags. You have to be a person who can pick through the racks to find those special pieces.

RoseAG said...

I think you're right about shopping at the beginning of the season at TJ Maxx. They also can't be counted on to have a big inventory or all sizes, particularly in things from brand name manufactures; you need to shop early to get your size.

Unknown said...

Thank you for showing us a more casual style. I am retired and live in Southern Arizona and we seldom get dress up anymore. However I still want to look nice when I run errands. My hubby often tells me I am so dressed up just to go to the grocery store. Lol
A little jewelry and the right shoes can really change a plain top and jeans.

Joanne said...

You look so pretty and fresh. At 67 and retired, this type outfit is pretty much my daily wardrobe. You look so relatable. Again, I love your new haircut. It really enhances your look.

thepoutingpensioner said...

You look lovely, Susan, casual and comfortable but still smart.
Like Cindy and Joanne, I too am retired and this summer more than ever I'm often drawn to white jeans and a stripey top. In fact, I've just noticed as I type that I'm wearing a fine-striped top right now, but as it's evening I'm wearing some slouchy black trousers from h & m to lounge around in.

Jen D. said...

I bought some Lucky jeans 2 years ago at TJ Maxx and they're the most comfortable jeans I've ever owned. I will wear those when lounging around the house. I also wear Starfish pants and capris by Lands' End. They're very comfortable to wear and look nice with casual tops. On top I wear whatever keeps me coolest...this time of year I mostly wear sleeveless tops; otherwise, I dress in light layers so that I can remove them when the need arises.

Unknown said...

Like this look Susan. It looks nice but comfortable.

Ann Martin said...

I like to describe my excursions to TJ Maxx and Marshalls as the thrill of the hunt. :) Happily, I almost always find at least one thing that is great quality and stylish.