Monday, August 1, 2016

Mamma Mia!

We visit Abingdon, Virginia, a couple of times every year.


My travel day look included a navy whisper-light cardigan by Focus over an old tank by Peck & Peck via Stein Mart. The olive color pants are old from Fabrizio Gianni.

The bag is old by BCBG via T.J.Maxx. The shoes are old by Gianni Bini from Dillard's.

Abingdon is only a short drive from Johnson City but far enough to feel like we got away from it all for a few days.



The Martha is always our home away from home in Abingdon. It is an elegant place to relax on the porch and watch the world go by, get a massage, or have dinner.










On Friday evening, we had an excellent meal at the Tavern, a short distance from the Martha.

The clutch is from Cloth, the boutique at the Grove Park Inn in Asheville, North Carolina. The French Connection shoes are old from Saks Off 5th.



We occasionally enjoy a piece of wild-caught salmon for dinner.



The moss-covered building which houses the Tavern dates to 1779!


On Saturday morning, we enjoyed a Continental breakfast in Sister's American Grill, the restaurant at The Martha.


After breakfast, we took a stroll around the grounds before going down to the Spa for our massages.

I wore my Last Tango cold shoulder top from Purple Poppy over white Lior Paris Janet style pants during the early part of the day.



I had so much fun exploring the grounds of the Martha after a gentle summer afternoon rain with my camera in hand.
















One of Mr. Mickey's favorite things ever is deviled eggs. Sister's American Grill makes some of the best ones ever! So that's where we had a lovely evening meal on Saturday.


I wore the white pants again with the white tank top from day one with an old blue cardigan from Saks Off 5th. It has a sheer panel at the lower back.

When we travel for a short distance and stay for one or two nights, I take only a few pieces that can be mixed and matched. I will only be dressed in the elements for a couple of hours, so they can be switched about easily, wearing the pieces in rotation on different days at different times.




On Sunday, we had an excellent brunch at the Harvest Table in Meadowview, Virginia, before attending the afternoon showing of "Mamma Mia!" at the Barter Theatre

We thoroughly enjoyed the play! If you get the opportunity to see this musical, do. You will not be disappointed.



Later in the afternoon on Sunday, we also walked through the craft show booths at the Highlands Festival. My favorite booth was the Dreamland Alpaca Farm Store, where I got to pet an Alpaca for the first time. They have the sweetest temperaments!




13 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing your glorious surroundings! Love the virtual tour. So inspiring to see the many looks with repeated/interchangeable pieces.👌😍

Canuck-Girl said...

Perfection ~ 'Nuff said!

bookwormwv said...

I live in Abingdon! What a pleasant surprise to see the lovely pictures on your blog this morning. I'm working on my weight loss journey now and getting tips here that can make me look less "frumpy" along the way.

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful place to visit, along with your beauty ,wow-Paul

Unknown said...

Great blog! I LOVE that "older" blue cardigan with the sheer panel in back. It is very slimming and pretty on you.

Oma Smith said...

Love the pictures of my hometown. My wedding reception was at the beautiful Martha Washington Inn.

Prairie Poulet said...

Elegant as always. You radiate happiness.

Rebecca said...

What a beautiful place to visit. Just what I needed to see from my home in New York City! You look stunning as always, elegant, polished and perfectly dressed for the occasion.

Anonymous said...

Susan...your fashion sense is wonderful. I particularly love the cold shoulder top with white pants and the bright blue sweater/jacket. You are glowing!
--Hope

thepoutingpensioner said...

What are beautiful place to visit.
Love what you packed, especially that first outfit.
PP.

Anonymous said...

Nice look. My problem is finding the right shoes. Any suggestions how to look classy and feminine with low heal shoes. I'm only 5 foot tall.

Pat said...

Wow, wow, wow!!! You are an inspiration!!!

Unknown said...

Great pictures Susan! Such beautiful places you visit.i love all the looks today. Your mix and match were perfect.